Unilever (UL) is driving digital transformation to deliver growth agenda. Our mission is to transform our organization to a digital first culture, delivered by a world-class data and analytics (D&A) tribe, leaping ahead of our competition in everything we do.
UL Turkey D&A tribe leads the path for UL to become data -intelligent. The team does this by delivering analytics products at scale and by enabling UL business units, business operations and leadership teams to turn data into insights, actions and decisions at a faster pace than ever before to achieve competitive edge for UL.
UL Turkey D&A tribe, which consists of data experts (data engineering and data science) and insight into action experts (functional business insight generation expertise, e.g. sales, marketing, supply chain, finance), works with other UL markets’ D&A teams and with the global D&A team to ensure that insights discovered locally are joined up and enhanced with regional/globally-discovered or researched insights to enable joined-up recommendations and decisions aimed at driving incremental growth by meeting the needs of our consumers, customers and employees.
UL Turkey D&A tribe powers the exponential growth of UL in an in increasingly VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) context and is organized to be highly adaptive and flexible to demand, fast-changing priorities and emergent opportunities. To do this, UL Turkey D&A tribe highly prioritizes agile mindset and agile ways of working (beyond agile tools and techniques) – i.e., able to embrace uncertainty, ambiguity, and to create structure out of chaos.
There are five major themes in the Data and Analytics global strategy and UL Turkey D&A tribe:
- Deliver Intelligent systems at scale. Powering Business Units, Customer Development and Business Operations through data and analytics. Building out the right analytics applications to enable data driven decision making for business teams
- Winning disproportionately. Creating analytics products that make a significant impact on our business and drive competitive advantage in the market, while collaborating appropriately with other markets and Global teams (i.e. winning both locally and globally for UL).
- Drive UL to assisted and predictive decision-making. The future is about assisted decision-making with machines (AI/Cognitive Computing/Machine Learning) unlocking the insights from vast deluge of consumer, customer & internal data, and presenting this in a way that is simple for our teams
- Make data a true asset. Better data governance, data expertise and data driven decision making within every part of Unilever
- World-class Information. One Version of the Facts. Continued excellence in delivery of diagnostics and insights to focus attention when and where it matters with a focus on Big Bets, Strategic Initiatives and Leadership team reporting
UL Turkey D&A tribe is responsible for managing the market’s demand for data, analytics and insights and enabling data driven decision making, actions and impact. It leads data analytics, data modelling, research development and implementation of appropriate data systems and analytic solutions. It is also responsible for streamlining in-scope processes related to data analytics and insights generation in the market, through automating, consolidating and eliminating them where appropriate to deliver a seamless, fast insights-generation experience using tooling provided by the Global D&A team.
- The role is expected to work as a Data Engineer on implementing, maintaining and optimizing high-performance REST APIs, data pipelines and analytic solutions on Cloud (Azure) platform with the purpose of building a structure that acts on data as a consumable product while keeping in mind correctness, freshness and quality of the data.
- Insight into Action
- Act as a catalyst enabling data/analytics-driven business decisions across the organization
- Serve as the trusted data and analytics consultant to different functions across the organization
- Engage with stakeholders to understand the business, problem statement and requirements
- Data Expertise
- Be a part of data expertise team to build diagnostic & predictive models to solve business problems and to create analytical modelling solutions to answer business questions
- Acquire, integrate, stage & employ data from multiple data sources
- Cleanse data by reviewing data sources to locate and correct code problems
- Create self-service and simple data modelling solutions
- Work on data modeling techniques and integration patterns to build a DL from scratch
- Designing and implementing automation for manual processes.
- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of data mined and analyzed + optimize the data collection and analysis process
- Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering or related fields
- Great communication and collaboration skills and agile mindset, self-organization as an individual and as a team
- Passion for continuous learning and transforming self and others around to bring value
- Critical thinking & flexibility to effectively work around technical & business constraints
- Balanced profile of functional business knowledge/understanding and data/analytics expertise
- At least 2 years of experience in:
- Gathering and processing raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, writing SQL queries, etc.)
- Extracting and dealing with data from multiple data sources (tool agnostic).
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools (tool agnostic).
- Architect and design extensions to the data lake, data marts, and data integrations to support data-driven projects (tool agnostic).
- Having programming proficiency and profound knowledge in SQL, Python.
- Driving insights from large scale structured and unstructured data, data mining, exploratory data analysis and modelling (tool agnostic).
- (Very nice to have) Cloud environment, preferably with Microsoft Azure (ideal), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or AWS.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyses, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Clearly articulate data expertise work to non-data expert business owners and business work to data expert
Unilever es una organización comprometida con la equidad, la inclusión y la diversidad para impulsar los resultados de nuestro negocio y crear un futuro mejor, cada día, para nuestros diversos empleados, consumidores globales, socios y comunidades. Creemos que una fuerza laboral diversa nos permite igualar nuestras ambiciones de crecimiento e impulsar la inclusión en todo el negocio. ¡En Unilever estamos interesados en que cada individuo traiga su 'Whole Self' al trabajo y esto te incluye a ti! Por lo tanto, si necesita algún requisito de soporte o acceso, le recomendamos que nos avise en el momento de su solicitud para que podamos apoyarle a través de su viaje de reclutamiento.
Conéctate con nosotros
Siempre buscamos conectarnos con aquellos que comparten un interés en un futuro sostenible.
Ponte en contacto con Unilever PLC y los demás equipos de especialistas en nuestra sede, o busca contactos en todo el mundo.Contáctanos