UniOps Tax Data Centre of Excellence team in Unilever is responsible for collection, analysis of tax and finance data and performing / supporting tax compliance, tax, tax reporting and tax audit. in the areas related to direct tax, indirect tax, withholding tax and transfer pricing. The team is also responsible for monitoring the tax control framework and co-development of tax related technology infrastructure along with IT team and maintaining Global Process Model (GPM) and exceptions resolution for tax related issues.
The Global Tax function has launched the Future of Tax (FOT) transformation project under the Digital Finance umbrella. As part of the Future of Tax project, compliance work related to direct tax, indirect tax, withholding tax and transfer pricing which will be done by Business and Supplier Operations Team, under a new target Operating Model (TOM). The new TOM will involve tax process to be performed across Global Tax team, Country Tax Team, UniOps and 3rd party consultant (Big 4s).
UniOps team’s vision is to build an externally benchmarked, world class Tax Data COE which delivers End to End high-quality, accurate financial information for effective decision making and meeting regulatory requirements.
Guiding Principles for project success
- Drive value by freeing up space within Tax (through effective partnering) to focus on strategy
- Global, standardized, simplified and efficient tax process model
- Flexible, agile and Future Fit sustainable operations
- Ownership mindset with passion for high performance
- Computation of VAT, WHT and preparation of returns of complex countries
- Rule based calculations related to CIT tax provision, advance tax and quarterly group reporting
- End to end Management of Tax data with focus on hygiene of master data and transactional data
- Analysis of tax data, trends spot discrepencies
- Strong understanding of underlying accounting entries related to tax
- Ensure tax related payments happen to government / tax authorities as per the timelines in respective countries.
- Ensure tax related controls and compliance are met as per the Unilever control framework
- Closely work with Unilever global tax teams & Outsourced Service Providers regarding latest changes/amendments in various tax laws across the globe.
- Provide documentation / data support on the audit queries raised with analysis performed
- Provide clarification on the tax data provided to relevant stakeholders.
- Support in country tax audits by providing adequate documentation / data support/analysis of data
- Ensure that all agreed KPIs in the tax process are met
- Drive continuous improvement, provide recommendations for a best in class process for direct/indirect tax
- Deploy tools and technology to drive process efficiencies
- Lead, coach and develop a team of 2 tax data specialists
- Qualified Accountant with 5-6 years of experience
- Fluent in both English & Turkish
- Work experience in Accounting (R2R) and Finance or Direct Tax/Indirect Tax
- Strong Knowledge of accounting
- Overview of Direct Tax/Indirect tax/Withholding Tax/ Transfer Pricing
- End user knowledge of SAP (FI module).
- Awareness about Power BI, Tableau and Workflow management tools would be an added advantage.
- Proficient at collecting / querying / consolidating information from accounting / ERP systems.
- Experience in successful transition of activities to a Global Hub will be an advantage
- Strong problem solving, and analytical skills
Unilever es una organización comprometida con la equidad, la inclusión y la diversidad para impulsar los resultados de nuestro negocio y crear un futuro mejor, cada día, para nuestros diversos empleados, consumidores globales, socios y comunidades. Creemos que una fuerza laboral diversa nos permite igualar nuestras ambiciones de crecimiento e impulsar la inclusión en todo el negocio. ¡En Unilever estamos interesados en que cada individuo traiga su 'Whole Self' al trabajo y esto te incluye a ti! Por lo tanto, si necesita algún requisito de soporte o acceso, le recomendamos que nos avise en el momento de su solicitud para que podamos apoyarle a través de su viaje de reclutamiento.
Conéctate con nosotros
Siempre buscamos conectarnos con aquellos que comparten un interés en un futuro sostenible.
Ponte en contacto con Unilever PLC y los demás equipos de especialistas en nuestra sede, o busca contactos en todo el mundo.Contáctanos