Who We Are…and What We Do
With an annual turnover of around €2bn, ekaterra is the world’s largest tea business, with world-class, purpose-driven brands such as Lipton, Pukka, Tazo, T2 and PG Tips. ‘eka’ is a word taken from the Sanskrit language which means unity and one purpose, while ‘terra’ represents the earth and nature. As ekaterra we are truly united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
In July 2022, CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII took over the full ownership of the ekaterra business from its previous owner, Unilever. As a standalone entity with a dedicated single-category focus, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the tea industry, delivering higher growth and value, and a greater impact on the wider world. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business whose brands reach hundreds of millions of consumers. It has a presence in over 100 countries.
Under the ownership of CVC, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our iconic brands, our people, and our capabilities. Combining the strength and scale of our brands with a focus on speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a corporate start-up mindset that’s opening-up new opportunities for its people to flourish every day.
At ekaterra, we put consumer love at the heart of every decision. We celebrate diverse thinkers who take personal ownership to connect ideas and make impactful things happen; people who share our values around humanity and courage and give their commitment to nurturing the wellbeing of all. In return, we offer a working culture that gives our people freedom and flexibility, and where they can grow both personally and professionally to master their field.
Be part of our amazing blend. Come and grow yourself and, in turn, help us to grow a world of wellbeing.
The Senior Customs Clearance Expert coordinates international shipping globally by providing support for various steps of the transportation process. You work with ekaterra’s factories, internal and external customers, customs agents, customs authorities, freight forwarders in order to ensure that shipments adhere to country regulations.
Within your role you will be responsible for smooth transition from Unilever’s operations into an ekaterra’s stand alone organization by developing and shaping new organizational setup, implementing new ways of working, tools and systems to ensure end to end compliance for operational activities.
Your Key Task:
- Develop new organizational setup incl. tools and ways of working for the global control tower organization
- Take over and implement customs’ related activities
- Act as a focal point and advisor for customs and duties topics
- Monitor and implement import, export laws and regulational changes
- Liaise with sellers/buyers and others to obtain mandatory information for import and export entries to ensure minimum duties are paid and guarantee compliance
- Deal with all enquiries and queries quickly and efficiently relating to customs procedures, tariff classifications, duty rates and any other documentation requirements
- Customs import/export entry checking
- Preparation and processing customs declarations and clearances
- Maintain data integrity within available systems
- Ensure proper documentation management is in place
- Proceed with duties and brokerage fees payment
- Deal with any customs related complaints
- Support internal and external audits
- Develop customs’ knowledge within organization by participation in various trainings and sharing the knowledge within team
- Work closely with regulatory affairs to evaluate impact on organization and day to day activities
- Propose and implement improvement projects within organization
- Responsible for Customs activities globally
- Engagement with Managing Unit Logistics’ teams
- Engagement with ekaterra Distributor Management team
- Engagement with factories and customers to define their needs and requirements
- Engagement with customs brokers and customs authorities
- Engagement with Indirect Tax team
- Reports to the Control Tower Lead
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience in similar position
- Global environment and experience is essential
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Good understanding of the law and regulations surrounding customs clearance requirements
- Experience in using customs software is essential
- SAP knowledge
Who we are looking for:
- Results-oriented, proactive thinker with a focus on continuous improvement and customer service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with external and internal parties and the ability to function effectively as part of a team to gain cooperation of individuals across the organization
- Ability to work in a challenging business environment, to demonstrate flexibility by managing numerous priorities concurrently and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Independent self-starter, ability to discover opportunities and grow the business
The qualities we look for in you:
Ekaterra is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our tea family we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What's in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders and making space to grow an owner’s mentality and like nature we adapt, we change and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and (work)levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Unilever es una organización comprometida con la equidad, la inclusión y la diversidad para impulsar los resultados de nuestro negocio y crear un futuro mejor, cada día, para nuestros diversos empleados, consumidores globales, socios y comunidades. Creemos que una fuerza laboral diversa nos permite igualar nuestras ambiciones de crecimiento e impulsar la inclusión en todo el negocio. ¡En Unilever estamos interesados en que cada individuo traiga su 'Whole Self' al trabajo y esto te incluye a ti! Por lo tanto, si necesita algún requisito de soporte o acceso, le recomendamos que nos avise en el momento de su solicitud para que podamos apoyarle a través de su viaje de reclutamiento.
Conéctate con nosotros
Siempre buscamos conectarnos con aquellos que comparten un interés en un futuro sostenible.
Ponte en contacto con Unilever PLC y los demás equipos de especialistas en nuestra sede, o busca contactos en todo el mundo.Contáctanos